Re: Discussion on SC numbering

 >I think that getting the language right is hard enough and that if we are
trying to write it as integrated but then publish it as separate SCs we
will run into additional challenges.

Perhaps I don't understand, I was thinking for instance in WCAG 2.0 SC
1.4.4, says:

*            1.4.4
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/#visual-audio-contrast-scale>
Resize
text:* Except for captions
<https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-scale.html#captionsdef>
 and images of text
<https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-scale.html#images-of-textdef>
, text
<https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-scale.html#textdef>
can
be resized without assistive technology
<https://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/visual-audio-contrast-scale.html#atdef>
up
to 200 percent without loss of content or functionality. (Level AA)

In 2.1 It might say something like this:

1.4.4 The content of the Web page can be increased to 400% without loss of
content or functionality, without two dimensional scrolling, with following
the exceptions:

   1. If the spatial layout of some the content is essential to that
   contents use, that part of the content is exempt.
   2. If the user-agent fits the layout to the viewport and does not
   provide a means of reflowing content, two dimensional scrolling is exempt.