Re: Graphics contrast - critical principle

From: Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2016 16:52:33 +0000
To: Gregg C Vanderheiden <greggvan@umd.edu>
CC: GLWAI Guidelines WG org <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Hi Gregg,

> The Unit of testing for WCAG is the page. If you try to use something smaller it will fundamentally change everything.

Sorry, I didn’t realise that was a trigger phrase!

I meant in the same sense as you test text contrast. There the thing you are testing is the text on a background.

Here you are identifying a graphic, or element within a graphic against its background and/or adjacent graphics.

I hadn’t used the term in the SC or description, just in an email!

Cheers,

-Alastair