Re: CFC: Issue 72: Proposed change in definition to "set of web pages"

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 14:12:48 +0000
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
The addition is signalling that epub is explicitly covered, at least when available from a URI.

AWK: To clarify, I believe that WCAG 2.0 already covers EPUB, but not as a set of web pages so long as the EPUB document is delivered through a single URI. This addition of the example is to support the use-case where a “publication” that is delivered as a set of pages with different URIs but is delivered as a cohesive group. That situation would be covered under WCAG 2.0’s “set of web pages” definition, but the addition of the example removes any smidgen of ambiguity.

> a publication contained in an archive would not be covered; as stated in my earlier post, that’s still a problem, and if anyone thinks that this archive issue is resolved by the current proposal then there is a need for further work and clarification before endorsing the change recommended in this CFC.

AWK: I think that I’d need to understand what you’re calling an archive better Jason.  What’s the issue that you’re concerned about?

AWK