Re: Question: placeholder label option

Independent of the <select> specific element, it appears to me that the
Placeholder attribute reports accurately to the ACCESSIBLENAME in the API
for all interactive elements. From that perspective it seems to be
sufficient. Where it is not sufficient is that it disappears when the user
enters the field, so the moment they enter the filed, there is no visible
label which fails 3.3.2.

We may want to look at techniques where the placeholder floats visibly
above the interactive element on focus.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*