W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-gl@w3.org > October to December 2016

Minutes of the Silver Subgroup Teleconference of 21 October 2016

From: Sarah Horton <shorton@paciellogroup.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:09:05 -0400
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Message-Id: <75FFCBBC-2CA0-4714-A0E7-D647A8A6AB2F@paciellogroup.com>
https://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html

   [1]W3C

      [1] http://www.w3.org/

                               - DRAFT -

                            SV_MEETING_TITLE

21 Oct 2016

   See also: [2]IRC log

      [2] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-irc

Attendees

   Present
          Jeanne, Sarah, Shawn, Andrew, Jason

   Regrets
   Chair
          SV_MEETING_CHAIR

   Scribe
          Sarah

Contents

     * [3]Topics
         1. [4]Deciding on process option for Silver
         2. [5]Getting help from research group
         3. [6]CSUN planning
         4. [7]Task Force
     * [8]Summary of Action Items
     * [9]Summary of Resolutions
     __________________________________________________________

   <scribe> Scribe: Sarah

Deciding on process option for Silver

   <Lauriat>
   [10]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver

     [10] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver

   Shawn: Consolidated options based on feedback from TPAC and
   shared with WCAG
   ... Plan was to have consensus on process option by October 31
   ... Do we need timeline to get consensus?

   Andrew: How do we manage activities in process (e.g., hiring
   editor) when the path forward isn't clear?
   ... May need to have skeleton of timeline, knowing we will fill
   it out when we know available resources

   [11]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QxnCtVEiPb6dY9VaV0FmKJH
   kT4Rbx3t3YzSFgrGCudI/edit?usp=sharing

     [11] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QxnCtVEiPb6dY9VaV0FmKJHkT4Rbx3t3YzSFgrGCudI/edit?usp=sharing

   Sarah: This is a link to the Work Statement that contains a
   working skeleton timeline
   ... We will add timeline to the process document

   [12]https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QxnCtVEiPb6dY9VaV0FmKJH
   kT4Rbx3t3YzSFgrGCudI/edit?usp=sharing

     [12] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QxnCtVEiPb6dY9VaV0FmKJHkT4Rbx3t3YzSFgrGCudI/edit?usp=sharing

   <AWK> +AWK

   <scribe> ACTION: Jeanne add timeline to process doc on wiki
   [recorded in
   [13]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action01]

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action01]

Getting help from research group

   Jeanne: Talk with Jason about how to coordinate with research
   taskforce

   Jason: Research questions taskforce, part of APA Working Group,
   connection point between working group and research community
   ... Taskforce available to other W3C accessibility WGs
   ... Taskforce (RQTF) participants can answer questions using
   internal expertise and network

   [14]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver

     [14] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_of_Designing_Silver

   Jeanne: We want our research methods to have validity, looking
   for expertise in research design
   ... Looking for people to help with the research, maybe
   graduate students

   Sarah: Can RQTF help with designing research methods?

   Jason: May be some TF members that can help, want to connect
   work within W3C and broader research network
   ... RQTF could review conclusions or look at questions that
   arise that might need more investigation or sustained analysis

   Jeanne: What kind of timelines in RQTF

   Jason: Depends on amount of work, nature of questions, part of
   process is to establish timeline depending on issue/request
   ... Looking for more TF members

   Jeanne: First task is stakeholder map, would want to include
   researchers as stakeholders

   Jason: Two types of research literature: 1 uses WCAG WC to
   perform surveys of web accessibility to evaluate resources and
   report on state of accessibility
   ... 2 uses WCAG to evaluate effectiveness of WCAG, how well
   does it work to sample webpages

   Jeanne: Would benefit from list of literature/researchers from
   the 2nd type of research

   Andrew: There's a list on the wiki

   Jason: Google Scholar is helpful because it surfaces most cited
   research

   <Lauriat> This looks like it:
   [15]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Post_WCAG_2#Articles_and_blo
   g_posts_on_WCAG_2.0

     [15] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Post_WCAG_2#Articles_and_blog_posts_on_WCAG_2.0

   Thanks!

   <scribe> ACTION: Jason will review
   [16]https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Post_WCAG_2#Articles_and_blo
   g_posts_on_WCAG_2.0 and share feedback [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action02]

     [16] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Post_WCAG_2#Articles_and_blog_posts_on_WCAG_2.0
     [17] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action02]

   Jason: Will send feedback to Jeanne
   ... Will coordinate work with Silver process and RQTF

CSUN planning

   Jeanne: Great opportunity to talk to people, need to plan now

   Shawn: Look at methods and see what makes most sense to do at
   CSUN
   ... Interview stakeholders (doesn't need dedicated space)
   ... Opportunity to get lots of information from people (e.g.,
   orgs that have done adaptations, researchers who have written
   about WCAG)

   Sarah: Could meet with individuals, could also meet with groups
   (town hall, workshop ideas)

   Shawn: Identify questions we want to get answered (e.g., list
   of WCAG adaptations)

   Jeanne: Need to arrange a space and time for Town Hall
   ... San Diego State University has a space we might be able to
   use, maybe Sat morning after CSUN?

   <scribe> ACTION: We will look into alternative locations for
   Town Hall [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action03]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action03]

   <Lauriat> Town hall sketch:
   [19]https://docs.google.com/document/d/15dl6nfV7ZlWH7ghC5s-MVQE
   62FGIQTt-KX1wGUU80RY/edit#heading=h.kr05x4a6ns05

     [19] https://docs.google.com/document/d/15dl6nfV7ZlWH7ghC5s-MVQE62FGIQTt-KX1wGUU80RY/edit#heading=h.kr05x4a6ns05

   <scribe> ACTION: Sarah will write blurb for asking for space
   and describing session for Town Hall [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action04]

     [20] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action04]

Task Force

   Shawn: WCAG WG call, in favor of task force, unclear when Task
   Force will begin
   ... First agree on Process plan and Workplan approval

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Jason will review
   https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Post_WCAG_2#Articles_and_blog_po
   sts_on_WCAG_2.0 and share feedback [recorded in
   [21]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeanne add timeline to process doc on wiki
   [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sarah will write blurb for asking for space and
   describing session for Town Hall [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: We will look into alternative locations for Town
   Hall [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action03]

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action02
     [22] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action01
     [23] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action04
     [24] http://www.w3.org/2016/10/21-silver-minutes.html#action03

Summary of Resolutions

   [End of minutes]


Sarah Horton
UX Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.
Received on Friday, 21 October 2016 15:09:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Thursday, 24 March 2022 21:08:06 UTC