Charter process moving forward

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2016 17:31:34 +0000
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
With the charter approved by the WG, we are one step closer toward an approved charter, but it is only one step of many.

Here’s the plan moving forward:

  *   Send out wide review message and notice of upcoming work to AC to solicit feedback (this week)
  *   Present charter to W3M to initiate review in advance of AC review (this week)
  *   W3M approval to send charter to AC (Nov 2)
  *   AC review (Nov 3-Dec 2)
  *   Process AC comments (Nov 3-Dec 13)

The W3M and AC reviews may result in a need for further changes to the charter, which in turn will result in a need for another WCAG approval/CfC.

Of course, the W3M and AC reviews could also go through without a hitch and we could keep the focus entirely on WCAG 2.1 development…

Thanks for everyone’s efforts.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Standards and Accessibility
Adobe

akirkpat@adobe.com
http://twitter.com/awkawk