Re: Re[2]: CfC: Approve draft charter for AC review

Please see my comments 'KHS' in line....

-- I am objecting to saying every x number of years - unless it is
reasonable for government to implement in laws (based on direct discussions
this WG will have with these individuals), and for organizations not to
'pass' on 2.1 "because 2.2 will be out on two or three years”

AWK: This was discussed on the call and we arrived at a compromise with
David’s language.  Specifically, we indicate a longer expected duration,
and we are also saying that this is approximate and that we will provide
details in the AG project plan resource, which will need to be agreed on
and created.

KHS: Yes, I know, but  I would like that information to be based on what
implementers feel is reasonable - via a discussion with them. As you know I
was unable to join this call.

------

AWK: I have no interest in passing on COGA SC either, but that isn’t a
question that is on the table in this charter. Rather, that is a question
for the proposal processing work of 2.1.

KHS: Which could be effected based by any timelimits set in the charter.
Without the knowledge of a reasonable amount of time governments need to
have to implement updates. Additionally, it may be information that could
be added to the charter.

------

AWK: Other SC proposals have already been made (
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/2 and
https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/3) which are outside of the TF work
and will be considered by the WG.

KHS: Great! Lets hope it is not limited to three. I had the feeling thongs
had changed in this regard.

------

-- I am objecting to those (inexperienced in this process) who think
writing, testing and vetting SC will either be easier than it is, or feel,
putting off to a following release is OK

AWK: This may or may not be a valid objection, but is not part of the
charter review.

KHS: It is valid to me, and speaks to the reasonableness and expectations
of the current timeline and update schedule.

---------

-- I am objecting to providing an incomplete, non-stable, set of SC from
any of the TFs in 2.1

AWK: I object to that as well, but that isn’t a question that is on the
table in this charter. Rather, that is a question for the proposal
processing work of 2.1.

KHS: Well I think it is, again, and also speaks to the reasonableness and
expectations of the current timeline and update schedule.

Katie Haritos-Shea
703-371-5545