From: "makoto.ueki@gmail.com<mailto:makoto.ueki@gmail.com>" <makoto.ueki@gmail.com<mailto:makoto.ueki@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 at 08:44
To: Andrew Kirkpatrick <akirkpat@adobe.com<mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com>>
Subject: Re: Question about WCAG more rapid updates

Hi Andrew,

Thank you so much for checking this with me.

If Conforming to WCAG 2.1/2.2 means conforming to WCAG 2.0 at the same time, I think it'll be okay.

JIS will follow ISO/IEC 40500 as JIS X 8341-3:2016 became identical to ISO/IEC 40500:2012. Even if WCAG will be updated in 2018 next time, JIS won't be updated unless ISO/IEC 40500 will be updated. JIS needs to be identical to ISO/IEC.

In general, JIS will be updated every 5 years. So next update will happen in 2021. We might have Silver as W3C Recommendation at that time :)

But if ISO/IEC 40500 will be updated as soon as WCAG 2.1 is published, we might need to update JIS as soon as possible to be identical to the new version of ISO/IEC standard.

If WCAG 2.1 will be "WCAG 2.0 plus some additional SC", we'll be able to manage it. For example, Japanese public websites are encouraged to conform to JIS 2016 (=WCAG 2.0). Some websites might go further by conforming to WCAG 2.1. That's fine. They can say that "Our website conforms to both JIS 2016 and the latest version of WCAG".

If there will be any conflicting SC in WCAG 2.1, it could cause a problem. I don't want a situation that a website conforming to WCAG 2.1 doesn't conform to WCAG 2.0.

So it'll be okay if it'll looks like:
 - Baseline: WCAG 2.0
 - Advanced Level: WCAG 2.1, 2.2...

If you have additional questions, feel free to ask me any questions. I'll be happy to answer everything :-)

- Makoto

2016年10月11日火曜日、Andrew Kirkpatrick<akirkpat@adobe.com<mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com>>さんは書きました:
Makoto,

I wanted to check with you for your opinion about the impact of WCAG updating more frequently on Japanese policy-making.

What if WCAG did publish an update every two years?  Would that be a problem?  If so, how would it be a problem?

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Standards and Accessibility
Adobe

akirkpat@adobe.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','akirkpat@adobe.com');>
http://twitter.com/awkawk

<以下、署名>

株式会社インフォアクシア
植木 真
<ueki@infoaxia.co.jp<mailto:ueki@infoaxia.co.jp>>

104-0054 東京都中央区勝どき1丁目13-6 プラザタワー勝どき 3011
TEL:03-5547-5777 FAX:03-5547-5778
http://www.infoaxia.co.jp/

https://www.facebook.com/weba11y.jp