Re: Question: testing for non-unique id values SC 4.1.1

From: Sailesh Panchang <sailesh.panchang@deque.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2016 12:12:09 -0400
To: "w3c-wai-gl@w3.org" <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
I do not agree with, "If this is accurate, then it sounds like we have
a use-case defined where 4.1.1 is more strict than it needs to be
because some types of redundant id attribute values don’t affect the
end-user".
Do all SCs and tests not apply to  rendered content i.e content
intended for and available  to users via UA-AT combos?
Programmers may keep stuff on the page  hidden from users or for
programmatic purpose . That should not bother users or accessibility
testing. Discrepancies in such content too are not in scope of testing
I think.
For instance SC 4.1.2 also begins with  'All user interface components ...'.

Thanks,
Sailesh