Re: Report from Silver sub-group on the Options for Designing Silver

Hello, all. Just a quick note to let you know that the design-driven option is more fully developed and ready for review.

https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Design_Driven_Option

Best wishes for a productive meeting!

Best,
Sarah

> On Sep 13, 2016, at 10:33 AM, Jeanne Spellman <jspellman@spellmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>

> The Silver Sub-group volunteered to figure out how to design the process for the design of Silver.  We have been meeting twice a week since mid-July.  We created four different options for the process of designing Silver based on different goals.  We expect that the WCAG WG will prefer one option over the others, but there may be some mix-and-matching.
>
> Each of the options has the same structure and goes through the same Phases: Discovery (research), Interpretation (Analysis), Ideation (creating ideas), Experimentation (producing and testing prototypes), and Production (starting Silver). The difference between the options is the way the different methods are implemented.  For more detail on the Phases and Methods see this wiki page:
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Process_for_designing_the_Process
>
> The Options:
>
> 1)  Design Driven Option (still being written up):  This is the group of methods best oriented toward producing the best research and data-driven decisions for the design of Silver.
> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Design_Driven_Option
>
> 2) Faster Progress Option:  This is the group of methods best oriented toward producing Silver most expeditiously. https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Faster_Progress_Option
>
> 3) Greatest Flexibility Option:  This is the group of methods that will provide a flexible design that will adapt to changing future needs. https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Greatest_Flexibility_Option
>
> 4) Lowest Cost/Minimum Resources Option:  This is the most constrained option, but may be the reality that we need to deal with. https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Lowest_Cost/Minimum_Resources_Option
>
> * Comparing the Options:  A spreadsheet with an overview of the 4 options and how they differ. https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Comparing_the_Options
>
> They are all linked from the Silver wiki home page, which is linked from the WCAG wiki home page.
>
> This is a lot of reading, so the Silver sub-group wanted WCAG WG to have this material before TPAC to have time to absorb the material and be ready for discussion at TPAC. We will be discussing the proposals on Tuesday of the WCAG Face-to-Face meeting.
>
> We are still working on some of the wiki pages, and we will announce when we have made major changes to the pages. Please start with the 2) Faster Progress and the 3) More Flexibility options, as they are the most developed.
>
> Discussion on this thread is welcome.

> Jeanne Spellman
> @jspellman
> Skype: jeanne_spellman

Sarah Horton
UX Strategy Lead
The Paciello Group
603 252-6052 mobile

This message is intended to be confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message from your system and notify us immediately. Any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken or omitted to be taken by an unintended recipient in reliance on this message is prohibited and may be unlawful.