From: Katie Haritos-Shea GMAIL [mailto:ryladog@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 3:40 PM
To: Jonathan Avila; 'WCAG WG'
Subject: RE: Clarification of SC 1.2.3

Jon,

The SC section on Time-based media says “text alternatives at least provide descriptive identification”. The full text of that bullet is below…

Time-Based Media: If non-text content is time-based media, then text alternatives at least provide descriptive identification of the non-text content. (Refer to Guideline 1.2<https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#media-equiv> for additional requirements for media.)”

​​​​​So for an animation it should have alternativve text that says “cartoon of dog running”. Time-based media is both single and multimedia according to 2.1.

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Principal ICT Accessibility Architect (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)