Re: (WCAG 2.1) Do we want to replace ​"programmatically determined link context" in 2.4.4 with "Accessible Name"?

>The accessible name or description is not 'linked context' the term the
definition covers ...

The Accessible Name and description are attributes on the enclosing element
of the link (anchor tag), which is programmatically determinable, and they
are presented to the user. Saying a modification to a definition doesn't
fit the definition is a weird circle of logic. That's the point of a new
version. To open things up and update.

At any rate... I can see very little momentum for this proposal which,
according to the people I teach, would help improve link text for beginner
and intermediate blind screen reader users.

So let us make a consensus statement.

"There will be no modifications to the requirements or definitions of SC
2.4.4 in this update."

I consider this thread closed.

Cheers,
David MacDonald