Re: (WCAG 2.1) Do we want to replace ​"programmatically determined link context" in 2.4.4 with "Accessible Name"? - Techniques Discussion

Yup... agree... we *could* do what HTML did.

"This technique is deprecated for WCAG 2.1".

-2.1 is backwards compatible, meeting WCAG 2.1 still meets 2.0,
-But 2.0 is not totally forwards compatible.
-Those meeting 2.0 may need to do a few more things to meet 2.1.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*
Tel:  613.235.4902