RE: (WCAG 2.1) Do we want to replace ​"programmatically determined link context" in 2.4.4 with "Accessible Name"? - Techniques Discussion

>>We have the authority to do all these things under our 2.1 charter. We can make some techniques only apply to WCAG2 and not to 2.1, which is completely consistent with backward compatibility, but any changes will need a critical mass of consensus and momentum.

Yes I agree that we do. I was just stating what you did, we will have to identify which techniques belong to which WCAG versions. Therefore no need to remove a technique that meets WCAG 2.0 SC, but not 2.1 SC – we just need to identify it is *only* sufficient for a WCAG 2.0 SC.

​​​​​

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Principal ICT Accessibility Architect (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)

There is a lack of consensus to make additional requirements to SC 2.4.4 or to remove anything from the definition of programmatically determined link text that could be *perceived* as changing the SC in Version 2.1. Nor is there momentum to remove techniques.

We have the authority to do all these things under our 2.1 charter. We can make some techniques only apply to WCAG2 and not to 2.1, which is completely consistent with backward compatibility, but any changes will need a critical mass of consensus and momentum.

Cheers,
David MacDonald

CanAdapt Solutions Inc.

Tel:  613.235.4902