Re: Guidance for TF-submitted Success Criteria

Hi Andrew

 in answer to your questions….

RE: Your question about how to have an SC that is like another.

IN WCAG 2.0  what we did was to use the same SHORT NAME with a parenthetical after it.
For example
1.4.5 Images of Text: If the technologies being used can achieve the visual presentation, text <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#textdef> is used to convey information rather thanimages of text <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#images-of-textdef> except for the following: (Level AA)
1.4.9 Images of Text (No Exception): Images of text <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#images-of-textdef> are only used for pure decoration <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#puredecdef> or where a particular presentation of text <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#textdef> isessential <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#essentialdef> to the information being conveyed. (Level AAA)
and
2.1.1 Keyboard: All functionality <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#functiondef> of the content is operable through a keyboard interface <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#keybrd-interfacedef> without requiring specific timings for individual keystrokes, except where the underlying function requires input that depends on the path of the user's movement and not just the endpoints. (Level A)
2.1.3 Keyboard (No Exception): All functionality <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#functiondef> of the content is operable through a keyboard interface <https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/#keybrd-interfacedef> without requiring specific timings for individual keystrokes. (Level AAA)

RE: Your question about how to have an SC that is like another   and  1 vs 2 SC.

If adding a new requirement - it is better to have it be a separate SC — or it breaks the WCAG model (and the model for most standards) of having two requirements in one provision.
it makes it hard to report that one requirement in the provision has been met but not the other requirement when doing evaluations
it makes it hard to handle in Understanding WCAG 2.1 - in that you won’t be able to say that a technique is sufficient for the SC  — you will have things that are sufficient for one part but not the other, vice versa and sometimes both.   Very confusing to readers, evaluators and in discussion.

Using the same text for a new SC with a few changes as needed - would be the same model as WCAG 2.0.   (see above for examples)
  It also makes it easy to see what the differences are between the two.

ciao

gregg