Re: Re[2]: (WCAG 2.1) Do we want to replace ​"programmatically determined link context" in 2.4.4 with "Accessible Name"?

David wrote:
> I currently don't know how much of a problem that is... would it be
better like this using labelledby?

> Sun is shining over WCAG
> Read More Sun is shining over WCAG

This is an example of why I worry about 'patterns' in any of these
discussions. The answer to David's question is 'probably', but the solution
could also be achieved without *any* aria, for example, like this:

That sample above would produce the same output to a screen reader, but
would likely *still* leave low vision users disadvantaged.

(In fact, Joe Dolson's WordPress Accessibility plugin does essentially that
today, minus the hidden text part:
<a class="continue" href="' . get_permalink( $id ) . '">' . get_option(

JF

--
John Foliot
Principal Accessibility Strategist