Re: Jonathan's concern: Zoom in responsive drops content

On 04/07/2016 15:22, Alastair Campbell wrote:
> Secondly, if the user is in a mobile context (e.g. screenreader on a
> smartphone) then they will be in the small screen version regardless of
> zoom and require access to the same content & functionality. Therefore
> all sizes of a responsive design must have equivalent content &
> functionality.

But Adam's point (which I also agree with in this context) is that
looking purely at the "all users that are on a mobile device", they all
get the equivalent experience, regardless of their ability/disability.
So saying that a priori a reduced functionality small screen site is
discriminating against users with disabilities on a mobile site isn't
quite accurate.

But, as already pointed out, since the small screen version can also be
triggered in the desktop+zoom+small browser window scenario, THAT is a
concern.

Patrick H. Lauke