Re: Transient states

It really seem like there is no difference between focused and hover text
compared to normal link text. You frequently have need to read both. If you
are tabbing, the landing link might not even be on the same viewport. This
happens more frequently with large print. The letter of the criteria refers
to text and it is clear about what  exceptions are allowed. Focus and hover
are not among the normative exceptions. I think WCAG WG engaged in a little
interpretive overreach on this one. It is such a divergence from normative
language. It just surprised me a lot. I just never imagined that focus and
hover text cold be interpreted as anything but text people need to read.

That was a good little piece of archival research, Allister. Jon, I think
you should post an issue so we can rescind the interpretation.

Wayne