Re: Coming to a decision on 2.2

> should not the  statement, "Extension specifications are expected to
> offer modifications to existing WCAG 2.0 success criteria  ..." be
> worded differently to convey what is intended?

Interesting.

You might have put your finger on it.

when I read
> "Extension specifications are expected to offer modifications to existing WCAG 2.0 success criteria  ..." be
> worded differently to convey what is intended?

I read it as   “offer modifications to the existing set of WCAG 2.0 success criteria” meaning that it would extend the set — not edit the SC.

I think that editing the SC or re-using those number will create great confusion.

instead I suggest that new number be used - corresponding to the particular extension

SC XM-1      (for example for the first on in the Mobile extension)

or

SC XM-3.1.7   (for mobile — where 3.1.6  is the last SC number in 3.1 series

If it is an extension of a particular SC it could say

 SC XM-3.1.7 (which extends  SC 3.1.3)

gregg