Re: Re[2]: Comment / question re. Requirements for WCAG 2.0 Extensions

I don’t think that this change is critical, as I feel like the actual text of 2.2 is very clear:
Extension specifications are expected to offer modifications to existing WCAG 2.0 success criteria as well as offer additional guidelines and success criteria but extensions may not weaken what is required of web content. The result of this is that when a page conforms to WCAG 2.0 with an extension, it must also conform to WCAG 2.0 if the extension is not considered in the conformance review.

The text that Sailesh mentioned here is in the example:

* Existing success criterion may be modified, but the resulting change must still satisfy WCAG 2.0 success criteria.

How about instead, a rewording of Josh’s version:

* Existing success criterion may be modified, but a page that satisfies the changed success criteria must still satisfy the original form of the success criteria as well.

Thanks,
AWK

Andrew Kirkpatrick
Group Product Manager, Accessibility