RE: Question #2 on 4.1.1 Parsing - what it covers - ARIA? and How? - and SVG

Yes,

I remember all that, I am not saying full conformance to a spec, and never have (especially the doctype thing - that kicked everybodies butt for a while).

What I am asking is: would you consider “applying the “according to spec” for content/technology parsing errors that clearly DO affect AT” as a broad application of 4.1.1 – for those issues that do not fall under the 4 identified – along with the limitation on the NOTE wording?

​​​​​Yes, I am digging very deep. So are many other, especially as ARIA, SVG and other technologies are coming along. Many have said ARIA is out because it is not a markup language. However, the text says “content implemented using markup languages” – and “content implementedusing markup” in my mind that include ARIA.

Again, hard question Gregg, what say you?

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)