RE: Question #2 on 4.1.1 Parsing - what it covers - ARIA? and How? - and SVG

Hi Alistair,

I appreciate your thoughts on this……

I happen to be one of those people who like to call errors under the major SC intent that it fails, which is often more than one SC. I would say that malformed is the 4.1.1 main issue with 4.1.2 and depending on the component we are talking about probably 1.3.1 as outcomes of a 4.1.1 error.

According to some 4.1.1 hardliners, who have seen it as limited to those 4 issues and on HTML only, they could call it a 4.1.2.

In my mind, 4.1.1 is about mistakes/unknowingly-invalid-use (other than custom design –which is clearly 4.1.2) in coding – whereas 4.1.2 is about designing specifically with user agents, AAPI and AT interoperability in mind when building custom components whether that is in HTML, scripting or what-have-you.

​​​​​My 2 cents….:-)

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)