RE: Question #2 on 4.1.1 Parsing - what it covers - markup-wise

Christophe,

Thanks for the SGML history  and proper-use-of-English lessons, many will profit from it . And is happens, I was on the WG at that time….:-)

But here is what the SC text says……”In content implemented using markup languages”…..it doesn’t say “markup languages shall…”

​​​​​ARIA (as a vocaulary) is used in content implemented using markup languages. It has attributes, has nesting requirements, it utilizes IDs, and has attribute values.

I know what we MEANT at the time WCAG 2 was written. What does it mean now? ARIA is used to improve compatability with AT. What if it is not used according to it’s spec, under those 4 broad items, whose incorrectness will affect how user of AT are able to utilize the content?

* katie *

Katie Haritos-Shea
Senior Accessibility SME (WCAG/Section 508/ADA/AODA)