Re: Conforming alternative for mobile should not be Desktop

I (cautiously) agree with the sentiment expressed here (and the fact
that you used "large screen" vs "small screen" wording). However, it
could be argued that as long there's a link or similar mechanism to go
from the (inaccessible) mobile view to the (accessible) desktop view -
which IS required as per point 4 of the definition - then it's fine in
the same way that having two alternatives purely on desktop is fine?
Considering that the "desktop" view will be accessible on the
phone/tablet (but will likely be less *usable* due to the for the user
to zoom/scroll horizontally/etc)?

i.e. I don't see how a special case can be made to plug the gap only in
the specific mobile/desktop situation.

--
Patrick H. Lauke