Re: Headings and ARIA substitutes

Hi,
I did read Stephen's comment, and realize that those were extremely complex
headings. That is why I did not include this in the COGA thread.

I really just wanted to remind the community that for visual users that
don't see wai-aria roles, states and properties, headings are important and
really the only thing we have.  UA's don't give us heading navigation, but
clear visible heading can really help.

There has been a discussion as to whether you need to use headings if you
already use landmarks. Screen reader users often want one or the other to
reduce chatter. So it is a problem for everyone.

If we could just display and navigate wai-aria roles, states and properties
at the UA level this could be addressed.

That is all.

Wayne