Re: regions of a page failure technique

Hi David,
The word live was simply a mistake on my part. I meant to reference html5
elements/aria landmarks

What do you mean by substantive? I question whether different regions of a
page are required by wcag to be marked up as such. Consider a page which
has multiple content regions. One of the regions of the page has
descriptive text of a certain topic. Another has a gallery of pictures.
Substantially different to be sure, yet if there are no visual headers I
have always understood that wcag does not mandate special markup except at
level AAA with headers.

Regarding the mission, I agree wholeheartedly, but I could never agree to
stretch the definition of wcag2 because of the mission. I do believe this
should be included in the extensions, and in fact in Israel we have
mandated region markup because of the importance of it.