From:   Shawn Lauriat <lauriat@google.com>
To:     w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Date:   05/10/2016 03:39 PM
Subject:        An introduction

Hello,

Shawn Lauriat, here. I've just joined as a member representative for
Google (hoping I've the terminology right?), and wanted to introduce
myself to give a bit more context than just "Hey, someone new from
Google."

I joined Google in 2011 and now lead a team of software engineers working
on accessibility for the Google Docs & Drive suite. In 2000 I started
working in the web development world and then in 2002 started working in
the web accessibility world. I published a book in 2008 called Advanced
Ajax: Architectures and Best Practices, which has a now embarrassingly,
laughably out-of-date chapter on accessibility.

Outside of work, but related, I also co-organize the New York City
Accessibility & Inclusive Design meetup with a couple of other folks.

Looking forward to getting acquainted and taking part!

Regards,

Shawn