Re[2]: SC for 'real' text over a busy background image

>On 10/05/2016 12:49, josh@interaccess.ie wrote:
>>Interesting, I'd say that's a maybe. As looking at 1.4.3, I see F83
>>does
>>call out that the the background image should provide
>>sufficient colour contrast, a better fit. It still doesn't explicitly
>>address the issue of legibility, that may not be due to contrast
>>issues.
>>One of the LVTF, if they haven't started looking at this already.
>
>If text contrasts sufficiently with (theoretically) all the different
>colors of the image, then shouldn't it be legible, regardless of how
>busy the image itself is? Honest question, not really tested this/have
>any examples.
Think of an image of a grid with small cells used as a background
(contrived I know..), or a photo of a building/bridge, skyscrapers at
night etc where the colours themselves may conform, but together result
in a visually busy/distracting image. So I'd say no.

My 2 cents