Re: Let's add an approved date field to Failures and Techniques

Patrick wrote:

>But surely it still isn't, regardless what the author/site owner
>considers their "accessibility supported" baseline of technologies, if
>they do still provide some other technique  that doesn't use ARIA to
>satisfy that part of 1.3.1. It's not like they entered a binding
>contract that now forces them to only ever use ARIA techniques...

Sorry, I stated that too harshly. I was thinking that you’d have a “warning” about not using landmarks for 1.3.1, with related links to other techniques. (Amazon style “you were looking at this so you might be interested in these…)

I see the concept of ‘warning’ as the opposite of a best-practice, or perhaps the lack of a best practice, rather than a guaranteed failure.

It is the digital nature of ‘failure’ that makes it so hard to create new ones.

-Alastair