RE: Do icons fall under - 1.3.3 question for shapes/icons alone that are used everywhere now but were not back in 2008

> > I thought there might already be a touch counterpart to hover, in
> which case it could readily be used for this purpose.

> There isn't (with a few minor exceptions, such as certain stylus implementations on certain devices, like the Galaxy Note II)

For what it's worth on native Android TalkBack appears to send hover events when explore by touch is used.  In Chrome with TalkBack on Android when you double tap an element such as a paragraph of text a hover event is triggered.  If you hook a mouse to an Android device and move the pointer around you will hear speech and the TalkBack cursor will move around.

Jonathan

Jonathan Avila
Chief Accessibility Officer
SSB BART Group
jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com
703.637.8957 (Office)
Visit us online: Website | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin | Blog
Check out our Digital Accessibility Webinars!