From: Mike Elledge
Sent: Monday, April 4, 2016 9:37 AM
To: Andrew Kirkpatrick; Patrick H. Lauke; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: 1.3.1 question

Hi All--

I'd like to understand better how persons who use screen readers feel about this issue. With WebAIM surveys indicating increased use of headings and regions I worry that we may be underestimating their benefit. I recognize that the application of 1.3.2 can be subjective, that flexibility in presenting data is important, and that bringing legacy applications into compliance can be time-consuming. Ultimately our objective has to be how to best serve the needs of users, however.

Thoughts?

Mike