Re: Structure vs. Value and Contradictory Criteria

We wanted to do that in WCAG but there are technical reasons why SC 1.4.8 can’t always be done.

look back in the discussions and a bunch of them were listed.    So it is good as advice but not as a requirement - because it is technically impossible for some types of content —and you can’t easily define which types of pages it would or would not apply to.     So we couldn’t make it a Level A or AA provision.   Can’t require something generally that can’t be done generally.

gregg

Gregg Vanderheiden
gregg@raisingthefloor.org