Re: WCAG Extensions and Rationale (was Legal Settlement Agreements that Reference WCAG)

Hi Mike,

Thank you. I am not aware of corporate lawsuits or settlements
regarding intranet or internal software that does not conform to WCAG
2.0. But those areas would also seem to be relevant and impact the
overarching question of "Why Extensions?"

In addition laws which reference 2.0 as well as organizations,
institutions, and companies where 2.0 serves as the internal
accessibility standard would seem to be applicable. I haven’t
researched those areas either. But it seems as though the US will be
incorporating 2.0 into the refresh. New laws are going into effect in
Japan based on 2.0.  It is incorporated into Ontario's law. WCAG 2.0
serves as the University of Minnesota standard. I suspect those may be
the tip of the iceberg.

An effort to try to discover WCAG 2.0's legal significance and in turn
why that may be rationale for extensions was my focus for the
documentation.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

--