From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 19, 2015 5:56 PM
To: alands289@gmail.com; WCAG
Subject: RE: Assistance in monitoring WAI-IG list

What would be involved is signing up for the list, reading the messages every few days or as often as you like, and bringing significant ideas and conversations to either the group’s or the chairs’s attention.  Shouldn’t be heavy lifting at all, and ideally would be an enjoyable excuse to tune into the community discussion.

The list gets all kinds of topics.  If there was a thread on “what is a good alt for an image?” we’d probably not be very interested, but if a thread on challenges meeting SC 4.1.2 when using the ARIA role for sliders on mobile devices, a quick note to the WCAG GL list “hey, there’s a long and interesting discussion on WAI-IG on ….” would help make sure that people doing work on mobile techniques could know about it and either engage or mine it for useful information.

Make sense?  Any takers?

Thanks,

AWK