Re: Enabling Zoom on Mobile Devices

Hi,

On 16/01/2015 17:38, Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:

>> On Jan 16, 2015, at 8:33 AM, Jonathan Avila
>> <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com <mailto:jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>> wrote:
>>
>> G142 says that IE6 can’t be used to meet the sufficient technique
>
> (...)
> Where do you see this?
> A technique has no ability to say that something does not conform.
> If it did it would need to be fixed.
>
> I just went to the techniques doc to see if the needed fixing — but I
> don’t see anything like that there.
> Where did you see it?
>

> here is the link to G142
> http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/G142.html
>

> (perhaps you are looking at an old copy of the techniques doc?)

The User Agent and Assistive Technology Support Notes for G142 haven't
changed since December 2008: compare
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/WCAG20/Techniques/ua-notes/general#G142> and
<http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/G142.html>. The
oldest IE version mentioned in those notes is IE7. This was the first
version with page zooming; IE6 could only resize text, but I can't
remember to what percentage (there were only two sizes bigger than
"normal").

Best regards,

Christophe Strobbe

--
Christophe Strobbe
Akademischer Mitarbeiter

"La vie est courte, hélas! et je n'ai pas encore lu tous mes livres!" (d'après Mallarmé).