Re: We may need greater clarity of when it’s a failure to omit title attribute from an iframe

Thanks Jonathan

I concur.

Except I wouldn't say that tabindex will hide the content from the user, it
will just pull it out of the tab order. My suggestion of adding
tabindex="-1" was to address issues raised by an accessibility professional
regarding the situation where an author is trying to blend the iframe in
with the surrounding context and it is not visually distinctive content. He
presented it as a situation where there was no need for a title. But in FF
and IE, the iframe gets tab focus... so if authors were trying to include
the iframe as an inseparable part of the content  they could take it out of
the tab order... I was trying to get around the requirement for 4.1.2
AccName in those situations to accommodate the suggestion.

But it doesn't fully solve the problem because most Screen Readers will try
to announce the iframe entering and exiting anyway and it might be
confusing with no label (title)

So I'd be glad for us to introduce a common failure for missing title
attribute on an iframe unless it is hidden from all users.

Cheers,

David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902