Re: Should PDF documents have headers and footers on every page?

 Gregg's comment:
>> I THINK there area ways to ask for page numbers  - without having them
read to you in the sentence when crossing page boundaries.

David response:
To me the most straight forward way to find a page in Adobe Reader is the
"Go to page..." command Control+Shift+N

The problems start when the document footer page numbers don't start on the
first page, but Page 1 starts on, say, page 5 after some Roman Numerals,
then the author or remediation pro needs to invoke WCAG  PDF17 technique.
Which puts the pages in sync easily within less than one minute of
remediation. http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/PDF17.html

This way, page numbers can be artifacts, they don't interrupt the user and
it's easy to get the page number.

I don't really have a strong investment on how we proceed, but regardless,
we have to Fix PDF17 which contradicts itself.

Cheers,

David MacDonald

*Can**Adapt* *Solutions Inc.*

Tel:  613.235.4902