RE: WCAG Agenda April 7 2015

Since WCAG 2.0 is stable and is also an ISO standard, is there a challenge in adding to it via extensions?
These are almost like revisions.

Before we determine what they all should be we need to determine how to relate new things to the already approved WCAG 2.0 that governments and organizations are using.

From the eyes of the user:
What authority do these new items have?
Why should I do them, all I really need to do is WCAG 2.0?
Who says these are related and required?

Best Regards,
Alan

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy TabĀ®4

-------- Original message --------
From: Joshue O Connor <joshue.oconnor@cfit.ie>
Date:04/03/2015  7:43 AM  (GMT-05:00)
To: WCAG <w3c-wai-gl@w3.org>
Subject: WCAG Agenda April 7 2015

The WCAG WG will be meeting on Tuesday, 7th April  2015  at 11AM Eastern US

(Length: up to 90 minutes)

Bridge: +1.617.761.6200  (US) Passcode: 9224#

IRC: irc.w3.org<http://irc.w3.org>  port: 6665 channel #wai-wcag

Scribe list:https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Scribe_List

Agenda

1)    TPAC final call

2)    Extension model discussion:

Including the sub topics:

Background pointers
What type of extensions?
Will extensions be A, AA, AAA?
Will extensions conform to WCAG requirements for success criteria?
Categorisation of current open issues in the context of the extension model

3) WCAG working group and public engagement/interaction

Thanks
--
Joshue O Connor/Andrew Kirkpatrick
WCAG working group co-chairs