Re: SC failure for opening new window without prior notice ?

Interesting thread, thanks Aurélien for bring it up. My 2 cents, - I
wouldn't like to say that a pattern as common as:

was a failure but as mentioned by others there haven't been any
satisfactory solution for 'informing the user prior to activation'. SRs
do announce new windows, after the fact, and use of the title attribute
to inform the user isn't well supported.

So I agree that this needs work, what the solution is right now - I
can't say. As an aside, I do think it would be relatively trivial for a
SR vendor to announce to the user the presence of the target="_blank"
attribute on a link element and that could trigger to the SR to make an
announcement to the user that activating it will open a new instance of
a tab or a new window....

I'm adding it to my list of items for future discussion on an upcoming call.

Josh