From: Chris Beer <chris@codex.net.au>
Subject: Re: Should page title not convey context SC 2.4.2 (A)
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Date: Thursday, December 1, 2011, 3:57 PM

I believe the Page title (i.e the title element in the head) has outgrown, or rather 2.4.2, is rather limiting in terms of the desired objective.

A rewrite could easily see the H1 used to do the same with better context for most users, with an additional new SC (yes, I know, prob not feasible) which addresses the use of not only <title> but CIP (cataloguing in publication) related metadata, especially using RDF syntax.

Oh and hi :) <looks sheepish> Its been a while I know. Sorry :-/

Chris

Sent from Samsung Mobile
Sent from Samsung Mobile

adam solomon <adam.solomon2@gmail.com> wrote:

What about the rest of the pages - do they all have to have the site's name (or company name) ? For example, a title such as "Request for Company Information" - is descriptive for that page, but will not help you distinguish context between two sites. So, you would then have to put the site's name in the title for every page. Seems pretty restrictive.