AW: Another further example for F69

Hi all,

thanks @James for the comment:

> These also fail text-only resize in firefox when you use text-only
> resize to get to a 200% size.
> I think this doesn't fail in IE with text-only zoom only because the
> largest is not a 200% zoom, but much less.

Yes. These fail text-only resize in Firefox when resizing up to 200%. For IE
we can say: we think it doesn't fail because text-size largest is much less
or we could say: "probably it would fail text-size only" or it is "very
likely" that it will fail, if there would be a possibility to check it.

Let's play with the second example using soft hypen and letter-spacings (and
1024x:768)

Example 03: http://is.gd/MtjCTv

This one passes text-only resize when resizing up to 200% and it passes the
page zoom – in Firefox. It passes 200% in IE (Zoom). What about text-only
resize (up to 200%) in IE? Pass or fail? We don't know, because text-size
largest is much less than 200%.

Example 04: http://is.gd/upfAuK

I think in Firefox it passes text-only resize (please comment, if I I have
overseen something. It was quite confusing with browsers, examples, zoom,
text-only resize) up to 200%. With the page zoom one of the list items fail.
In IE also one list item fails (zoom). What about text-only resize? We don't
know and in IE there is no way to check it.

Now we could argue that a good check might be: testing in IE with text size
largest and in FF with it's equivalent with 4x strg + + (like in examples 1
and 2). It might be a good check, but not for SC 1.4.4, because the SC
speaks about "text can be resized without assistive technology up to _200_
percent", not up to 150%. From my perspective there is just one valid
testing procedure for 1.4.4: the page zoom. Testable is: 200% with page zoom
(IE, Firefox, Chrome). Not testable is: 200% under the condition of
text-resize only.

If we bring in checks with the text-resize only options we bring in either
browser-specific tests or an testing procedure, which tests something else
than what it written in the SC. This is a critical issue. Or?

But let's have another page zoom look. A series of three examples (some
paragraphs about german language / Mark Twain): Example 5, the german
translation - fail, example 6, same text in English – pass, example 7,
german text (with soft hyphens) – pass.

Example 5: http://is.gd/VFD1xf
Example 6: http://is.gd/tNb6Wz
Example 7: http://is.gd/U2klQw

Instead of bringing in text-only resize why not examples like these? Which
shows that the whole technique fails on page zoom up to 200% because it
depends on the language and one can never know if there will be versions of
a web page in languages with very long words - like German and Finnish
(Compounds): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compound_%28linguistics%29

In general I think that there is no need for Fs, 'just for having them' and
if so they must be valid for a given SC.

Best

Kerstin