Re: 2.4.3, 1.3.2

Adam, you are right that the default tab order also meets SC 2.4.3. But the
use of H4 is not required for SC 2.4.3, failure to use a sufficient
technique is not failure to meet the success criterion. The HTML author who
uses no tabindex is using G59: Placing the interactive elements in an order
that follows sequences and relationships within the
content<http://www.w3.org/TR/2010/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20101014/G59>
.

 H4 is included to demonstrate that SC 2.4.3 can be satisfied with a tab
order that differs from the default reading order if the order does not
affect the meaning or operability of the content. Note that it is only a
sufficient technique for 2.4.3, not for 1.3.2. In HTML, tabindex does not
change the reading order.

Loretta