Re: 4.1.1 question, not clearly documented

Cynthia Shelly wrote:
 > Right.  So, does this pass or not? If I can't figure it out as a
member of the working group, I suspect others will have the same question.

Looking afresh at the presentation of the Techniques I have to agree
that it's not readily apparent that failing them is not a failure of the
corresponding SCs. I can foresee that people will be confused by this
Technique (and by extension, others), especially those approaching it
from WCAG 1.0, in which validation is a requirement. Perhaps in the
standalone Techniques pages a short "Please read this first" link at the
start, jumping to the relevant part of the Introduction would be useful.

regards,

Alan

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad