From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Gregg Vanderheiden
Sent: Wednesday, November 07, 2007 2:44 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: : multimedia - Synchronized Media

Gregg
 -- ------------------------------
Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.

  _____

NEW PROPOSED DEFINITION

Synchronized Media

Audio or video displayed at the same time as other time-based content and/or
with time-based interactive component that is required for understanding or
use of the complete presentation.

Note: The "other time-based content" that the audio or video is synchronized
with to meet this definition does not include equivalents such as captions,
subtitles, or video description.

Definition from WCAG

synchronized media

audio or video synchronized with another format for presenting information
and/or with time-based interactive components