Re: Caption support for Asian languages

Hi,

At 21:02 1/03/2007, Loretta Guarino Reid wrote:

>Sean Hayes, Makoto Ueki, and I took an action item to explore whether
>there is support for captioning in Asian languages. Our finding are
>summarized below.
>
>Thanks to Andrew Kirkpatrick and Makoto Ueki for most of this information.
>
>A. Multimedia formats and players:
>
>1. Flash:
>displays CJK (any Unicode)
>editors support creating CJK captions
>
>2. Windows Media Player:
>display big5 and other non-western languages

Big5 is for traditional Chinese. Did you also find details about
support for simplified Chinese (e.g.
GBK/GB2312, GB18030 or HZ-GB2312) and Japanese? ("Other non-werster
languages" sounds a bit vague, and a quick Google search doesn't help
me either.)

Best regards,

Christophe

--
Christophe Strobbe
K.U.Leuven - Departement of Electrical Engineering - Research Group