Re: Link Purpose

Hi Jim,

The text you're referring to is not a transcription error.

If you look at the sufficient techniques in the How to Meet documents
for 2.4.2 and 2.4.8, you'll see that the use of the title attribute
would be sufficient to meet 2.4.2, but not 2.4.8.

In other words, 2.4.2 requires that the purpose of a link be can be
determined by the link text alone or by the link text in combination
with supplementary information such as the content of the title
attribute (refer to the definition of programmatically determined link
context for additional examples).

In contrast, 2.4.8 requires that the purpose of the link can be
determined from the link text alone.

Hope that helps,

-Ben

--