RE: Comment LC-1175: definition of acronym

Thanks Gez,

I think that helps a lot.  With a couple examples like  SCUBA and LASAR it
should be clear.

Normally I lead the charge for removing any words from appendix that are
used in the same way they are defined in any dictionary.  In this case
though, (after checking a bunch of dictionaries), I find that the
definitions in many dictionaries are either not quite accurate (on-line
dictionaries) or misleading unless you already know what the word means.

So I think I might suggest keeping this one - now that it seems to be in
good shape and understandable.

Thanks

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.