Re: About tests 37-41 (headers)

Vicente Luque Centeno wrote:
> There are some other conditions from the XHTML specification that can
> not be expressed in the DTD (or XML Schema) of XHTML. For example, forms
> should not nest. However it is possible to validate a document with
> nested forms.
>
> Is there an accessibility rule that avoids nesting forms? I guess we all
> agree that such nested forms will not be functional (in general). I
> think that forbidding nested forms has not been considered as an
> accessibility issue (maybe it should be?) because, though not explicitly
> declared in the DTD, it is in the spirit of HTML specification (just as
> many people think that skipping headers is also in that spirit).

It's not the same. The HTML 4 DTDs forbid the nesting of form through
exclusion:

   <!ELEMENT FORM - - (%block;|SCRIPT)+ -(FORM) -- interactive form -->

The XHTML 1.0 spec forbids the nesting of form explicitly in the prose
(Appendix B).

Skipping headers is not mentioned in either the grammar or the prose of
W3C's (X)HTML specs.

--
Johannes Koch
Spem in alium nunquam habui praeter in te, Deus Israel.