RE: Sign Language Definition

Interesting.  Yes - sign language interpretation could (and really is) more
than just sign version of spoken words.

Also if I move things around a bit I think we can lose the semicolons

That gives us

sign language interpretation

translation of spoken words and other audible information into a language
that uses a simultaneous combination of handshapes, facial expressions, and
orientation and movement of the hands, arms or body to convey meaning.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center