RE: CLOSED: Issue #344

Yes

We looked at lightness (L) as part of our work.  We found that, depending on
the values you choose, you end up with comparable results to the algorithm
proposed.   The one we proposed however seemed to perform better at lower
black end.   I will forward comparisons - though it is a bit involved since
they didn't specify what the threshold values should be.

The key to either approach would be to define the threshold values.  The
link you pointed to provides an equation but no values for the threshold.
Further, the tests to date have only been carried out on subjects without
vision impairments.   They are hypothesizing research with people who have
vision deficits but there has been none to date.   If we were to use this in
our guidelines (which is a possibility) we would need to have values for the
threshold within the next 3 months.   What values would they propose for
level 2 and 3?   What would it be based on?    Could they come up with them
within the next month?

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.